BEST POT ROAST EVER!
- 2 lb chuck roast
- 5 large carrots
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced in big chunks
- Sweet potatoes to serve on side (I’m used to orange sweet potatoes but I can’t find those where I live so they look white/yellowish for some reason?)
- 1.5 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- liquid aminos to taste (about 1/4 cup)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
Heat coconut oil in pan over medium heat…season the roast with salt and pepper and add to pan when hot. Sear the roast on both sides until browned (it’s not going to be cooked on the inside at all–you just want to bring out some flavors by browning). Place onions and carrots in crockpot along with garlic and rosemary. Then place browned roast on top and add the broth. Also add some liquid aminos, probably about 1/4 cup- I normally add aminos later also. The roast should be almost completely covered by liquid. If it’s not, just add some water until only the top of the roast is not submerged. Cook on low setting for 10-12 hours. You’ll poke at it at that point and it will all shred apart.
When there’s about an hour left of cooking, cook the sweet potato on 400 degrees in over for 1 hour to serve with the roast. Here is where I add a few more splashes of aminos and salt and pepper to the roast. When the roast is done, shred it while still in the crockpot and serve with the sweet potatoe!