Super easy and delicious salad! Beans are not paleo so omit the black beans if you are strict paleo.
- 1 lb chicken, cooked in the crockpot with salt, pepper, 1.5 cup water, and the taco seasoning recipe from the lettuce wrap taco blog. (cook on low for 12 hrs)
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh pico de gallo
- 1 can no salt added black beans
- 1 tsp garlic
- bundle of green leaf lettuce, chopped and rinsed for salad
- 1 large lemon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- cracked pepper
Cook the black beans on the stove top for about 15 minutes on medium heat with the garlic and pepper. Prepare the lettuce by rinsing and chopping…add the melted coconut oil, cracked pepper, and squeeze half a lemon onto lettuce–toss the salad. Add the chicken on top, along with the sliced onions and avocado and pico de gallo on top. Crack some more pepper on top and add a scoop or two of beans (however much you want). Finally, squeeze more lemon on top and eat! yummm!